This recipe is my own invention. I was trying to figure out what to make for supper when I saw the polenta in the pantry at the RV. I also had tomatoes, roasted poblano peppers, lemons, and a bunch of cilantro. In the freezer, I had Costco Mexican Style Street Corn. This came together quickly and Bruce loved it.
Serves 4 to 6
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups polenta (I used Bob’s Red Mill polenta.)
- 4 cups water (You may want to add more water, if you like thinner polenta.)
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 Costco package of Mexican Style Street Corn
- 1 1/2 cups of grated Romano cheese
- 4 roasted poblano peppers
- 1 lemon
- 2 medium tomatoes
- salt to taste
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper or to taste,
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
Instant Pot, knife, cutting board, grater, medium size bowl
- Set your Instant Post to Sauté. Melt the butter in the inner pot.
- Add the polenta and 4 cups of the water to the inner pot and stir it until smooth.
- Add the Costco package of Mexican Style Street Corn to the inner pot and stir.
- Press cancel and put the lid on the Instant Pot.
- Seal the pot and set the pressure to high for 15 minutes and start the pot.
- Let natural release for 10 minutes, then carefully release the pressure by venting.
- Carefully remove the lid.
- Stir in the 1 1/2 cups of grated Romano cheese into the polenta
- Remove the skin from the poblano peppers and chop them. Add to bowl.
- Remove the stem from the tomatoes and chop them. Add to bowl.
- Roughly chop the cilantro leaves and add them to the bowl.
- Cut the lemon in half along the middle and squeeze the juice into the bowl
- Add the salt, pepper, cumin, onion powder, and garlic powder
- Stir until combined.
- Serve by dishing the polenta into bowls and then adding the topping
Make the topping while the polenta is cooking in the Instant Pot.