Saturday, on my grill at the RV, I made steak fajitas using strip steak, roasted poblano peppers, and grilled marinated onions. I had leftovers. On Sunday morning, Bruce asked, “what do you want to do for breakfast?” and I suggested an omelet. He was happy with that idea, so I used the fajita leftovers to make an omelet for him.
- 2 room temperature eggs (can be warmed in a bowl of hot tap water for 5 minutes)
- steak about 1 to 2 ounces, sliced into 1/4 inch sticks
- grilled onions and peppers
- 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil
- salt, to taste
- salsa, to taste for garnish
- cilantro leaves for garnish
Medium size bowl, dinner fork, non-stick 8 inch pan (can be cast iron), knife, cutting board, pot holder, silicone spatula
- Start by heating your pan over medium high heat. Add the oil and tilt the pan to coat the bottom of the pan. Let the oil heat while you beat your eggs.
- Crack the two eggs into the medium size bowl and break the yokes with your fork. Add at least a pinch of salt or more to taste.
- Tilt the bowl and hold it tilted, while you gently beat the eggs with the fork until the eggs are yellow.
- The pan should be hot with hot oil in at this time.
- Pour the eggs into the center of the pan. As the eggs start to cook, gently stir them with a fork (if using cast iron) or a silicone spatula (if using non-stick) so the liquid egg on top runs to the pan. You may need to tilt the pan. The eggs should mostly cover the bottom of the pan.
- Across the eggs in the middle of the pan, add the sliced steak, grilled onions and peppers.
- Use your fork or spatula around the edges to make sure the eggs aren’t sticking, then using the fork or spatula, slip it under the edge of the eggs that is parallel to the steak, onions, and peppers.
- Lift the eggs and flip them over the steak, onions and peppers. Tilt the pan and using the fork or spatula, roll the eggs covering the steak, onions and peppers, onto a plate.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves and salsa.
I’ve made prettier omelets, but Bruce assured me it was delicious.
2 thoughts on “Breakfast Omelet from Fajitas Leftovers”
LikeLiked by 1 person
YUM! Fajita omelettes. They look muy deliciozo!
LikeLiked by 1 person