Now that Bruce is eating a low FODMAP diet, I modified the banana “ice cream” recipe to be low FODMAP.
Serves 4 with 3 oz servings
- 2 bananas frozen, cut into 1 to 2 inch pieces
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoon of Maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- pinch of salt
- 1/8 cup of pecans (optional)
Food processor, small bowl
- Set up your food processor work bowl with the chopping blade.
- If using pecans, put them in the food processor work bowl and pulse 3 to 5 times until the pecans are chopped to the size you want. Scrap the pecans out of the work bowl into the small bowl.
- Put the bananas, maple syrup, vanilla, almond milk, and salt in the food processor work bowl with the chopping blade. Pulse 10 times, using long pulses. Scrape the work bowl down and then process until smooth, about a minute.
- Remove the chopping blade and stir the pecans, if using. Mix in any maple syrup that is on the bottom of the work bowl.
- Serve immediately, or store in the freezer by putting in a container and covering ice cream with plastic directly before putting the lid on the container.
Peel and cut the the overripe bananas before freezing them. I put them in a quart freezer bag.
This would still be sweet without the maple syrup, so you could leave it out.
You can also dry roast your pecans to get a better flavor.