I’ve been asked by several people if I had any leftovers or a lot of leftovers from my Mardi Gras party. I had one King Cake leftover when I took the leftover pieces from three King Cakes and put them together. When I brought the King Cake into work, it disappeared. I had about an eighth of a tray left of the Costco shrimp platter, and I had another Costco shrimp platter that was never taken from the fridge. Since the boiled eggs never became the deviled eggs, I had 24 boiled eggs left over. The boiled eggs are my biggest worry since they can’t be frozen.
Bruce decided to make a shrimp salad using the leftover shrimp and some of the eggs for lunch today.
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 1 pound of cooked shrimp, shelled
- 4 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon of spicy red pepper flakes
- 2 dill pickle spears
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- Black pepper to taste
Bread or rolls if making sandwiches
Medium size bowl, knife, and spoon
- Cut up the boiled eggs into half inch pieces
- Cut up the shrimp into half inch pieces
- Cut up the pickle spears into quarter inch pieces
- Mix mayonnaise, mustard, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, pickles, eggs and shrimp together in the bowl
- If making sandwiches, pile the shrimp salad on the bread/rolls
You could put in celery and/or scallions into the shrimp salad.