I got the idea of this recipe from Once Upon a Chef https://www.onceuponachef.com/recipes/caesar-salad-dressing.html I always have high quality mayonnaise in the fridge, so this Caesar dressing by Once Upon a Chef is an easy go to and Bruce loves it. I didn’t have any anchovy paste, and I considered using Thai fish sauce, but the pesto I had in the fridge caught my eye, and this came out very tasty.
Makes 1 1/3 Cups of dressing (enough for about 10 starter salads)
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced or 1/2 teaspoon to 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, from one lemon
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (use vegetarian version if making this for a vegetarian)
- 1 cup mayonnaise, best quality such as Hellmann’s Real
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 to 4 tablespoons of pesto
Medium bowl and whisk
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the garlic, lemon juice, Dijon mustard and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add the mayonnaise, 3 tablespoons of Pesto, salt and pepper and whisk until well combined.
- Taste and adjust to your liking. You may want to add another tablespoon of pesto. You may also want to add a little more salt or pepper. If you like garlic, you can add a little more garlic.
The dressing will keep well in the fridge for about a week.
Use vegetarian or vegan Worcestershire sauce if you want this to be vegetarian.