Re-posted on April 6, 2021 with updates.
Re-posted on February 16, 2021 with updates.
Re-posted on October 27, 2020 with updates.
Re-posted on July 27, 2020 with updates.
Re-posted on January 24, 2020 with updates.
First posted in December of 2019.
This is a list of things that we need to do to prepare to live the retirement RV dream.
Things Still to Do
- Buy RV accessories (In progress)
- Take class on pulling an RV
- Start moving into RV (In process)
- Downsize physical book library (In progress)
- Sell Kegerator
- Downsize wardrobe (In progress)
- Sell Honda motorcycle
- Sell/donate/give away furniture
- IKEA Wardrobe
- Foot stool
- Media cabinet
- Kitchen table
- Coffee tables
- Sofa table
- Drafting table
- Mid-century chair (done)
- Filing cabinets
- Patio dinning table, chairs, side tables, and umbrella with stand
- Bedroom furniture in second bedroom
- Webber Grill
- Office supplies (In progress)
- Get rid of TV
- Get rid of vacuum cleaner
- Get rid of tools that are no longer useful (In progress)
- Get rid of various items from cabinets that we are not going to keep (in progress)
- Figure out what to do will towels (We’ve got to get over the habit of keeping everything!)
- Donate sheets, since they don’t fit our new bed
- Long term storage
- Determine pricing on long term storage
- Figure out long term storage solutions
- Consider a separate storage locker for things we may want while RVing
- Consider Pods or a storage solutions like Pods
- Figure out size of storage needed.
- Figure out tools to take and tools to store (done)
- Dispose of tools (In progress)
- Clean out filing cabinets
- Shred old documents (started)
- Put other docs in safe box
- Sell house
- Talk to realtor (done)
- Sign with realtor (In progress)
- Put house on the market
- Get a mail forwarding service
- Get forms from the USPS
- Get mail forwarded
- Get mail electronically, when possible
- Find a truck (done)
- Research trucks (done)
- Determine which truck to buy (done)
- Buy truck (done)
- Get used to truck (done)
- Find the RV (done)
- Research RVs (done)
- Determine which RV to buy (done – narrowed down to these 4 models – Grand Design Momentum 397TH or 376TH and the Riverstone 39FKTH or Riverstone 42FSKG)
- Buy RV (done)
- Bring RV home (done)
- Find a place to store the RV until we start living in it fulltime (done)
- Go camping in RV once we’ve bought it! (done)
- Talk to HR about retirement (done)
- Get set up to keep insurance (done)
- Make a list of everything for Take, Store, and Dispose – (done)
- Sell Wine fridge (done)
- Sell Boxster (done)
- Sell Jetta (done)
- Donate blankets (done)
- Get rid of seldom used small kitchen appliances (done)
2 thoughts on “Things to Do to Get Ready for the Retirement RV Dream”
Should be able to knock off that list by Friday.
LikeLiked by 1 person
I know I’ll be able to do it by Friday, I just don’t know which Friday it will be.