This morning, I pulled out my 30 year old Vitamix (Vita-mixer) and made a smoothie. My Vitamix still works great after 30 years and I am taking it with us when we go RVing full time.
Thirty years ago, I was a stay at home mom with a huge garden. I made tomato sauce by the gallon to can. I wanted an easy way to process the tomatoes and I kept seeing the ads for the Vitamix in Rodale’s Organic Gardening magazine. I saved up and bought it. The Vitamix was a huge investment when I bought it. I’ve loved it ever since!
- 1 banana, in 1 inch chunks (fresh or frozen)
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 to 2 teaspoon fresh mint leaves
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tablespoon of honey or more to taste
- Put ingredients in the order listed into your blender.
- Blend until smooth.
This has a strong ginger flavor.