December 9, 2020
Yesterday, Colorado residents gave to the nonprofits they support. They raised a record $50,050,610 for local nonprofits! Last year, Colorado Gives Day raised a record of $39.6 million.
From the press release fun facts:
- More than 225,440 donations were made to 2,828 organizations.
- Amounts ranged from $5 – $200,000.
- 23,214 donations were made in honor or memory of someone, totaling $4,599,054.
- More than $1.6M raised from over 58,000 donations specifically of $50 or less (collective impact!)
- The average donation was $221.
- 1,363 individual fundraiser pages received donations, totaling more than $2.6 million.
- The top 3 categories receiving donations were 1) Human Services, 2) Animal-Related, and 3) Arts, Culture & Humanities
- 64,381 donations were $50 or less and contributed $1,765,594.23
Small donations add up! There was over $1.7 million given in small donations.