December 18, 2019
Updated on January 6, 2019
One of the most common questions I get asked is, where is the first place you are going? There are a few others questions I get asked: Do you have your route all planned out? Do you know where you are going? Where would you like to travel first? Do you have any plans on what you want to see?
Bruce will tell you that he isn’t much of planner. Yes, there are things he’d like to do, but for him the trip is a large part of the pleasure.
Me, I’ve got ideas. 🙂
If we can get the RV at the beginning of next year, we plan to take some 3 day weekends and see various spots in Colorado. I’d love to go down to Santa Fe, as well.
Once we go full time, I expect we will head to over to Jekyll Island, GA to show off the RV to Bruce’s folks. There’s a nice state campground on the Island. Along the way, we’ll stop off in Mississippi to see my family. But we may go to Michigan first, and see Bruce’s family, then head south to Jekyll Island and then west to see my family. It will depend on the weather.
There are a lot of places I’d like to go.
- I was to visit the National Parks and National Monuments. I want to see the beauty of the wilderness and get in some hiking.
- I want to take classes at King Arthur’s baking schools in Vermont and in Washington.
- The Florida Keys sound like they would be beautiful, and I’d like to see the Cape Canaveral Spaceport again.
- I want to be able to take classes in alternate home building such as hay bale, cob, rammed earth, earth bag, and pole building.
- I want to visit Canada and see some of the parks there.
- I want to finish out visiting all the lower 48 states and go to Alaska. Bruce is not sure he wants to take the RV to Alaska, as the roads are so rough.
- I’m thinking Baja California would be fun to visit.
- I’d like to take in State Parks and local parks.
- I want to visit cities that have river walks.
- I want to go see Lake Tahoe and the Great Salt Flats.
- I’d like to spend a couple of weeks in Washington DC and really get a chance to see the monuments and the gardens. I’d love to go back to the Smithsonian museums. Maybe 3 or 4 weeks?
- I’m sure Bruce is going to want to go back to the Outer Banks of North Carolina and Nigeria Falls.
- I’m looking forward to going to Maine again. Mmmm, lobster rolls.
- I want to go to Seattle and see the Fish Market and the Space Needle.
- I’d like to see some of the art museums in New York City.
- I want to see Bellingrath Gardens when the azaleas are in bloom.
- I want to stop at farms, orchards, and wineries around the country, as I’m still interested in agriculture.
- I want to see the fall leaves in New England.
- I want to see Avery Island, Louisiana, the home of Tabasco Pepper Sauce.
- I’d like to see fossils in every state.
- There are some historic cities I’d like to visit.
- So much to see… I’m going to stop by list now. 🙂